Compile Crafty 19.14 Chess Engine with gcc under Windows
Using Dev-C++ version 5 beta (126.96.36.199) that includes gcc/g++ 3.2
(Tested with Crafty 19.14)
For the full description on how to compile Crafty, please refer to the descriptions for previous versions, e.g. 19.13.
Differences to the previous description: Another makefile must be used for 19.14 than for 19.13:
- The makefile to be used for Crafty 19.14 is this one (the
original one for v.19.14 is here).
- Both makefiles are contained in
this zip file.
- Note: When compiling Crafty 19.14 with this makefile, you should get 3 warnings
per c-file during compilation, plus one extra warning during linking.
Nevertheless, the resulting exe-file works well.
- Note: This makefile for 19.14 can also be used for 19.13 and yields an even faster executable
(but the 19.13 makefile cannot be used for 19.14).
FURTHER USEFUL HINTS:
Note that the syntax of the "crafty.rc" configuration file has changed in version 19.14, concerning the "evaluation" settings:
- For example, a line in "crafty.rc" must read
"evaluation asymmetry 25" up to version 19.13, but
"evaluation 12 25" in version 19.14
- If "crafty.rc" contains 19.13 syntax for version 19.14, Crafty 19.14 will crash!
- If "crafty.rc" contains 19.14 syntax for version 19.13, Crafty 19.13 will not understand the settings.
- For all details, see the file "crafty.hlp" contained in the source code of crafty19.14.